Here you can find step-by-step instructions on how to apply for admission. Please follow these steps carefully and take note of the required documents that we need for your diploma evaluation. A complete admission file means we will be able to process your application quickly and inform you whether you have been admitted to the programme.
Application process for degree students
Step 1: Apply online through Studielink
Studielink is the main registration tool for Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. When you go to the main page www.studielink.nl, please click the British flag for English
- Request your personal account and password. Once you are in Studielink, you will first create an account with a username and password
- Place your enrolment request. Log in with your password and username, and place your enrolment request in Studielink
- You will receive a letter asking you to submit your application in Osiris application.
Step 2 Programme Selection Check
The programme selection check starts as soon as you apply to a study programme via Studielink for the propaedeutic phase of a full-time Bachelor’s or AD study programme without a (decentralized) selection. The programme selection check can consist of multiple parts. How many parts you need to fulfil, depends on where you live:
- Do you live abroad?
For prospective students living outside of the Netherlands who apply for a full-time Bachelor’s or AD-programme only the digital intake of the programme selection check is mandatory. We ask you to complete this within two weeks. When you apply before 1 May you are also entitled to a Skype interview, but this is not mandatory.
Prospective students living on one of the BES (Bonaire, St Eustatius and Saba) or CAS islands (Curacao, Aruba, and St Maarten) are considered as students living abroad.
- Do you live in the Netherlands?
For prospective students living in the Netherlands the programme selection check is a mandatory requirement for enrolment for the propaedeutic phase of a full-time Bachelor’s, dual or AD study programme without a (decentralized) selection. The programme selection check exists of a digital intake and a matching day. After the matching day you will receive a non-binding advice. This means that even if you receive a negative advice, you still get to make the decision to start the programme.
Step 3: Send in your application documents in Osiris
Please go to our online enrollment system Osiris Application to upload your complete admissions file directly. Click here for the instruction manual.
Please upload the following documents:
- A copy of your passport
- If you already have a Dutch residence permit, please upload a copy of this as well (together with your passport in one PDF)
- A copy of your (senior) secondary school diploma and grades list together in one PDF-file
- Translations of both your diploma and grades list(s) into Dutch or English together in one PDF-file (unless already written in German, French or Spanish)
- Language test results: A copy of your certificate of proficiency in English (or NT II-2 certificate for Dutch-taught programmes).
Please note that diploma documents must be uploaded in Osiris application and cannot be sent by email or post.
- 15 January - programmes with numerus fixus and decentralized selection
- 1 May - Application deadline for students living in the Netherlands for the propaedeutic phase of a full-time Bachelor’s or AD programme without (decentralized) selection.
- 15 June - Application deadline Students living outside EU/EEA who need an entry visa for study.
- 15 July - Students living outside EU/EEA who wish to transfer to HU with a temporary residence permit.
- 1 August - Students living in the Netherlands but who are currently enrolled at a university or university of applied sciences
- 1 August - Students living in EU/EEA countries who have a European diploma.
After your admission
Your application will be processed by the International Office. The admissions process should take no more than 3 weeks, providing the file you submitted is complete. You will be notified of the decision by email. After admission, the next step is to continue with your visa application if applicable. In addition, you will be requested to arrange the payment of your tuition fee. For more information about the applicable fees for you and for payment instructions, please refer to the website of the Enrollment Office.